Saturday, November 9, 2013

Control Freak

I have four loads of laundry to fold. There are still more loads to wash. There are dishes in the sink. The house looks just about like a tornado came through. Meal planning for next week needs to be done. And homework and lesson planning do too.It's been at least two weeks since I have posted anything on here. I just feel like I am behind in everything!

But those things will just have to wait until tomorrow. Because I am tired and plum don't feel like it right now! And as much as that stresses me out, I have come to learn that it's okay. This semester has been one of the hardest I have had. I take that back... It's not the hardest I have had but it is the busiest. I feel like I have hardly any free time ever to do simple things like clean. But God is showing me that I don't have to be in control of everything. So what if the dishes don't get done before bed? So what if that laundry waits one more day to be folded? Everything will still be okay. Because what is important in life and what will matter 10 years from now is not whether or not I got my laundry folded on November 9, 2013. Or whether the dishes got done. Or whether the house was immaculate.

Today, did I choose to work on the million things I have to do? Nope. I chose to go spend time with my family. We went shopping, went to eat, watched a movie, and just enjoyed being with each other. As I get a little bit older I realize just how important it is to treasure the time I have with my family.

I'm so grateful that God is teaching me to let go of control. Even if I don't really like the idea of that! He showing me that he has more important things for me then having a clean house and being a head on all my assignments. And that's good because let's be honest, those things don't happen very often anyway!!

So I'm writing this post, and I'm not cleaning, doing dishes, or worrying about how I will ever get everything done this weekend that needs to be done. I'm giving God the control. I will finish what I need to. But sometimes it's just okay to wait until tomorrow.
So until tomorrow...much love :)

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment