Friday, January 10, 2014

2014: Daily Focus

When I was waiting on my new planner to arrive in the mail, I looked online to see how other people use their planner. I am trying to stay even more organized this year than last, and I wanted to use my planner to its full potential!! I came across a lady who did what she called a daily focus. I absolutely love this idea. However, because people are going to be in different stages of life, I found that her categories for daily focus did not suit my needs. SO I created my own. :)
This is my daily focus section in my Erin Condren planner. I LOVE how it turned out. I came up with the 7 categories based on what I needed to do in my everyday life.

Monday - Declutter
This includes things that no matter how hard I try just end up getting cluttered! Now this does not include my daily cleaning routine (you can look forward to a future post on that!) meaning this is not the day I set aside to clean my house. This day is a day I can set aside specifically to declutter my purse, my car, my desk and "to file" papers, etc.

Tuesday - Anti-Procrastinate
I am probably world's worst procrastinator. I hate to admit that because I really feel that I am a pretty organized person, but I always seem to push some things off until the last minute. And by some things, I mean everything! This applies especially to my homework and school assignments. So Tuesdays are my day to get ahead and do assignments and things that are due in the future so I can be less stressed about trying to get things done at the last minute.

Wednesday - Intentional
I am trying so hard to be intentional with my relationships this year. It is one of my big 2014 resolutions. I have many friends (and sisters!) who live out of town now. Wednesdays will be my day to write cards to people who need encouragement or make phone calls/send texts to those who I haventt talked to in a while.

Thursday - Etsy
I am trying to get my Etsy shop back up in 2014. I have been doing all sorts of fun projects using vinyl and heat transfer with my Silhouette Cameo and using my brand new embroidery machine!! This will be the day I take extra time to make sure my shop is organized, orders are being made and shipped, and coming up with new ideas for items to sell.

Friday - Errands
Starting next week, I will have class on Fridays only in the morning until 11:00. So Fridays will be used to do extra errands - go to the bank, post office, etc.

Saturday - Plan and Play
In the past, Saturdays have been my day to finally get the house clean after a long week. I am hoping that with my new daily cleaning plan, there won't be as much cleaning to do on Saturdays. I am going to use it to plan for the upcoming week as far as activities or events, meals, etc. I called it plan and play because I would like for Saturdays to be the day I can do something fun at the end of each week. Obviously I know I will have homework over the weekends that will be necessary to do on Saturdays, but I figured if I call it Plan and Play, I will have to get some fun time in there somewhere....right?

Sunday - Renew Spirit
Sundays are my favorite day of the week. I would really like to stay busy through the week if it means I can relax and rejuvenate on Sundays. Of course I'll literally be renewing my Spirit by going to church and spending extra time with the Lord. This is a daily focus that doesn't take much work and that, my friend, is the point.


So you are probably thinking...how did she get those letters in her planner!? I will tell you. I drew them. That's right...believe it...I actually drew those!! (Sorry if I sound a little proud, I just didn't expect for them to turn out so well!) 

So what I did was I looked on Pinterest and found a picture of a font I liked used in a quote. I drew it in pencil from looking at the picture and when I was satisfied with how it looked, I gave my hand a break. Haha. Then I went over the letters with my Staedtler fineliner pen in black so the pencil would not smear but the black would not bleed through to the back of the page.

I love how this page turned out. I get excited because I figure if I like looking at it, then I will see what I should be doing and be more inclined to keep on track! I love this system, and I think it will work for me. Maybe it would work for you too with some tweaking to fit your life!

Have a great day :)

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment