Thursday, January 16, 2014

What I learned from a bunch of crazy sweet two year olds

Today was my last official day at Little Sprouts Mother's Day Out at Life Church. Tech started back with classes today, and unfortunately I have a full load of classes on Tuesdays and Thursdays this semester. I have been in such a depressed mood today thinking that it was my last day. The sad thing is, my sweet kiddos have had to readjust to having a new teacher, so I haven't gotten to be in their class the last few weeks. So today, I went in to work and tried to stay positive. 
The thing is...I love my job. It is the best job I have ever had. I have a wonderful boss, great coworkers,  a Christian and God-filled work environment, and it is something I love. I certainly can't say all that for all the jobs I have had in the past! When I found out I had to leave a job I love in order to go to school for a degree I love, I felt sick. I do feel I made the right decision in staying in school and not being set back in order to stay at MDO, but I am still so stinking sad. I had to leave early to be at class by 1:25, and when I got to my car, I balled my eyes out. Okay...that may be an exaggeration. But I wanted to. I just didn't want to look like a nutjob for my first class of the semester. It seems weird because I have never left a job and felt so sad. I am just going to miss it so much, but I know God has a plan for me that will include the classrooms full of children I will touch by being their teacher someday. And who knows, maybe (hopefully) MDO is still in my future. For now, I have to stay positive and remember all the fun times I had with my crazy class of two-year olds. 
And let's be real. Not everyday was wonderful! There were days I wanted to pull my hair out and walk out the door! That's the thing about toddlers. They make you so mad and so frustrated, and then five seconds later, they want to love on you, and you can't help but laugh at the little boogers. 
My class was so sweet.







And so funny.

And more times than not, someone would not take a nap and we would end up doing this...

And those little crazies were just all-around sweet messes.

So besides the fact that my whole class is incredibly cute and sweet and loving, they also taught me some things about life. 

1. When you fall down (literally for them, not so much for us), you get back up, brush it off, and don't let it ruin your day.
2. But occasionally there is that time you just need to cry it out, and that's okay.
3. You need a time to rest (maybe not physically but definitely mentally to spend some quality time with God) or you will get cranky!
4. It's ok to be silly. In fact, it's more than okay. It's fun. Don't take life so seriously.
5. Let go of things. Don't hold grudges. It's not worth it. Not once did I see one of my little ones stay mad at another for more than a few minutes even if they took their most favorite toy.
6. And last, just be like a child. Depend on Someone who has the resources to take care of you, and don't try to be so independent because just like little ones need to be cared for, we need to be cared for by the Lord our God. 

God has definitely made me grow through this, albeit short, experience. I am so thankful for these kids, the work environment I was placed in, and for all the people who encouraged me when I needed it. I will continue to pray every day for all the children in the MDO program for they are all sweet, precious children of God. I will also pray for the program itself as they make decisions and go to work to love on these children and show them that Jesus loves them too. 

I will always remember my class of crazy sweet two year olds.


post signature

1 comment:

  1. Samantha, I have enjoyed getting to know you and I really hope you do come back and visit us and keep in touch! You are a precious soul and I feel like we are loosing a piece of the heart of our team. I know you loved the kids and families and that makes an incredible teacher. I hope you have my kids in school one day! :)
    }Jennifer

    ReplyDelete