Monday, February 17, 2014

Best Book I've Ever Read

Last night I finished reading the best book I have ever read - Kisses From Katie by Katie Davis. Many of you have probably heard about this book, and I encourage you to go pick it up and read it. But don't if you think your life won't be changed. I'm being completely serious.
Kisses From Katie is a nonfiction book written by Katie Davis about her experience in Africa. She is a girl not much older than I am who is from Brentwood, TN (only an hour from where we live which is crazy!) who felt God calling her to missions in Uganda. She originally went there expecting to go for awhile then return home to the United States, but what she found was that her home isn't here - it is with her fourteen beautiful daughters in Uganda where she helps anyone and everyone she comes in contact with.
I am not going to spoil the whole book, but in it, Katie tells stories that will touch you no doubt about it. I don't know if there was a single chapter that I did not cry. It's that good.  She also includes sweet pictures of her girls and some of the people over there.
But more than the stories, she relates everything to our walk with Christ and how he wants us to live. I am not saying everyone of us should pick up and move to Africa - then who would do the work in all the other countries?? All I am saying is after this book, you will probably want to. At least that's how I felt. So if you are looking for a read that will challenge your faith and bring you to tears of sorrow and joy, read this book. It is the best book I have ever read. I even am trying to get Wes to read it again with me!! Katie has this incredible gift from God for not only helping people in Africa but for writing as well. It is an easy read that you will find yourself engulfed in! Enjoy the book, and let me know if you read it...I'd love to hear what you thought!! 

much love,
 
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment